Letter To My Future Daughter
1. I want you to love God unconditionally. put Him above all else, depend on him and peace will find you.
2. never, under any circumstance seek refuge in anything that breathes. the worst mistake I’ve ever made was seeking sanctuary in others, I can only pray you know better than to make homes out of people.
3. surround yourself with positivity only. a major key to a happy and healthy life is the positive energy you attract and reciprocate.
4. understand that you’re a queen, hold tight to your crown no matter how many people try to strip you off your title.
don’t ever let people take you for a fool, know your worth. love yourself, make peace with the demons in your head and learn to appreciate your flaws.
5. respectful and good manners are the main traits I want you to proudly flaunt like your favourite necklace. I’ll make sure to teach you that respecting others no matter how they treat you will take you places in life.
6. arrogance is one thing I want you to stray from. just know that any traits you possess, whether physical or mental, can be taken away from you in a matter of seconds. know your worth, but stay humble in the process.
7. I pray your personality ends up being firm enough so that you aren’t easily influenced by peer pressure. stand up for what you believe in. when everyone turns left because you stubbornly decided to turn right, just know that I’ll always be there to support you.
8. there will be days where we don’t see eye to eye but I promise to always be reasonable. we all make mistakes, I spent the majority of my life screwing up, heck I still screw up and will continue to screw up but the key to it all is making lessons out of past experiences and learning from it.
9. i will be unbearably protective at times, I apologise for that in advance but if I don’t protect and showcase you like my proudest trohphy then who will?
10. my worst regret is spending my childhood wishing to grow up but little did I know adulthood was a trap. enjoy your youth and blissful years of innocence, I promise you’ll look back and wish you could relive it all.
11. don’t be fooled by sweet words but remember to give people a chance too. protect yourself by mastering the art of reading vibes and intentions, when someone comes along who sweeps you off your feet, makes breathing a little easier and reminds you of God, hold on to them. they’re a treasure worth keeping.
12. at times the weight of the world will be a little too heavy on your shoulders and you find yourself unable to breathe. but just know that hearts don’t stay broken forever, tears will stop flowing and confusion will eventually fade away. relax baby girl, mommy has battled depression for quite some time so believe me when I tell you it’ll all be okay.